Monday, May 4, 2009

Hot, Humid, and Hilly

My running friends abandoned me today and so I was left to run with my husband. Patty is a little under the weather, but hopefully she is feeling better by tomorrow and "C" had a very busy weekend and is trying to catch up on her rest. My husband and I ran from home to the Helmer's switchbacks and into Northpark and back. On our way back, we managed to also tackle the water tower trail. The air was hot, humid, and stagnant the whole way and the only reprieve was the occasional sprinkler we came upon. I was prematurely feeling good about my 7 mile run on Saturday because today I had absolutely nothing left in my legs. My legs usually warm up after a while, but not today. Not only did my legs feel dead the whole way, I was having a hard time breathing due to the humidity. I should have sat this one out today just like my friends. I hope my husband doesn't think I run like this all the time.

No comments: