Thursday, May 7, 2009

Oh Well!

We tried to run today. Our intentions were good, but it was just not in the cards today. That is how it goes some days when you think you have your day all figured out and then there's a last minute schedule change with you or your kids. That really is the story of our lives as mothers. I guess it's just as well since Patty and I were really beat. After our run yesterday, I took an Epsom salt bath because my legs were so sore and was in bed by 9 p.m. Patty was also complaining about how sore her legs were. She doesn't think it's from our long run on Saturday and blames it on the weather, but I think it was the long run. I still remember how horrible I felt the week after I ran the half marathon and how long it took my legs to come back to me.

2 comments:

Patty said...

I did have good intentions, but I really messed up on the schedule, my fault! No one seemed to be too disappointed to find out we weren't going to be able to run, and I have to admit that I wasn't either. This has been a long week and I haven't felt like myself and definitely not like a runner.

Picture Lady said...

I like your quote;"It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it."
I often felt alone in this mothering job. Women worry more... which I've discovered solves nothing.
Well it's FRIDAY...
So if life gave you lemons, make a Tom Collins. Shake 2 oz. gin, juice of 1/2 lemon, and spoon of powdered sugar with ice. Strain into Collins glass, add several ice cubes, top off with club soda and stir. Add a lemon slice and cherry if you must. Relax, regroup and next week will be better!