Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Getting Our Protein

I guess one way to get your protein is by accidentally ingesting bugs as you run. I think that's what happened to Patty and "C" tonight on our run from Cheese Park. From the park we headed down to Heritage Park and back. It was much hotter than Patty predicted it would be and the bugs were out in full force. I tried to warn Patty, but it was too late. I heard the loud crunch of a black beetle with it's rear in the air as I screamed and Patty squished. I suppose it was bug karma because when we headed back, a bug flew up her nose. Then on the other side of me, "C" started gagging as she unwittingly swallowed an unidentified bug. As for me, well I ended up with some type of bug juice smeared on my shirt ( I must have been running so fast, ha ha). I think we all felt pretty good, considering the heat and the bad air quality. It's much easier running in the morning.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I wouldn't say I felt good last night, just happy when it was over. It did seem much hotter than it was on Monday and I thought it was supposed to cool off. I will have to check my "Doppler 7000" a little closer next time and not just rely on the weather man. Looking forward to a morning run!