Saturday, May 9, 2009

Regroup

It was so nice to finally have all three of us (Patty, C, and I) running together. "C" and I decided at League finals that she would do a 5 miler while Patty and I put in 6 since she missed a whole week of running. We took the pace out slow from Peet's and headed into South Fork to the Wiley Bridge. For the most part, I think all of us felt pretty good although Patty was complaining about having sore legs toward the end. The only thing that bothered me was the heat. The nice thing about South Fork is that you do get relief from the sun occasionally with the many trees that line the trail. You just have to pay attention to the detours so that you take the shady route. We only had to backtrack a couple of times. Afterwards we found a nice shady spot outside the coffee spot and enjoyed catching up on everything. It was a good thing we found that table because Patty was ready to start re-arranging furniture outside of Cold Stone. It was a nice way to start our Mother's Day weekend!

1 comment:

Patty said...

My legs are a bit sore, and this heat makes me cranky. I would have done anything to sit in the "cool" spot this morning but the tables were too heavy to move. We found a nice spot though and it was nice to all be together again, I hope it cools off a bit next week.