Saturday, August 1, 2009

Therapy Session

I have expressed the fact that running with my friends is very theraputic, not just because of the physical benefits of the exercise, but because we talk out our problems while we are running. Talking is just what women do, every man that I have talked to has said they would shoot themselves if they had to run with us (that was the jist of what they said). Today was no different, but we may have scared off our friend K with all our neuroses this morning as we chatted all the way through our 6 mile run, and continued on at our coffee break afterwards. It was a beautiful cool morning to run, and the bikers and runners were out in force. The bikers were "unusually" polite this morning (on your left, is all we need to hear), and the runners noticed right away that we were missing an important part of our group, as Marathon Mom, was on her way to pick her son up from camp. We didn't break any records, and don't have any way of knowing without a GPS but we figure we ran for about an hour. The coffee afterwards was just the best, but we will have to get on a more positive subject matter so we don't scare off the newer members of our group. I am seriously going to start "owning my candy wrappers". Good luck to Marathon Mom as she does her 10 miler tomorrow with her hubby!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

Well I couldn't think of a better therapy session with K, our resident psych, on board. I wish I could have been there, but the drive to Big Bear was nice and the kids all seemed to have a great time. I hope I will be disciplined enough to get atleast 10 miles in tomorrow.

Claire said...

I think it's great to get everything out with your friends while running, I know I certainly wouldn't be scared off by that. Sometimes I contemplate complaining to Moxie while I run, but that would probably make me look crazy.