Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wish You Were Here!

That is what we will be saying tomorrow night when we are running the COC race without Marathon Mom, and Sat. morning while C and I are blazing through 14 miles of marathon training. Marathon Mom is going away on a family vacation (what is that?) whitewater rafting, and somehow managed to plan it so she missed the worst parts of our running week! I wonder if she will be wishing we were there as she is paddling furiously through the rapids? It was a nice, but early morning run today, with C, Marathon Mom, and our friend K. The weather was cool, and we seemed to have alot of conversation to keep us going, it actually seemed to go by fast. We got in 3.3 miles at a 9.4 pace and other than the hill at the end was a very manageble run. It was only after the run that I realized that Marathon Mom was leaving tomorrow morning for her trip and not Friday, like I had been thinking, and she would not be able to join us at the COC race tomorrow night. Like I said, she is a master at planning. Have fun on your trip and think of us at least once while you paddle!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

I much rather have ran my 14 miles with you gals than having to pretty much do it all alone last weekend. I am really looking forward to the trip. We have really good memories when we tried it in Oregon with M.K. and her family. Good luck with the race tomorrow. I'm not sure if we are doing a very good job of convincing K of trying the race at least once with all of our complaining and negativity about it. I finally felt good today. Monday was miserable. I still felt like my legs were weak from the long run, but for some reason the hill felt easier on the lungs. Good luck tomorrow and on the long run. I'm sure you'll do fine. Remember. . . "there's always gonna be another mountain ...ain't about how fast I get there, ain't about what's waiting on the other side, it's the climb". I thought she was singing it's the Glide, which in our case is applicable too! (as in Glide for our chaffed skin.. ha, ha)

Patty said...

My legs felt good today too, the first time in a while. I hope I didn't wear them out on that hill today, I always want to go that way because it seems quicker but I regret it once we hit the hills. Our friend K is running so well, but I agree that if we really want her to run the COC race we need to be more positive! I think you need to bring your Ipod and some speakers so we can blast OUR song, it is so inspirational.