Monday, August 17, 2009

M,.O.R.E. of Us!

There were five of us tonight on our run from Heritage Park into Bridgeport and the energy was good! It is truly heading into fall with the kids are back in school and the park is full of running teams, soccer, and even football. This is the time of the year that I truly feel like I am not ready to start it all over again. The one thing I truly love though about this time of the year is the weather and by the time our run was finished the air was comfortably cool. We ran our Bridgport loop, around the lake, 3.3 miles and kept a very respectable 9.4 pace. At one point Marathon Mom sprinted up ahead and told us to "pick up the pace" apparantly it was a tempo run that we didn't know about. That really got the blood pumping and I was gasping for breath when we stopped just in time. Luckily we ran a normal pace back to Heritage, although when our friend Sea and Sun is with is the pace is naturally faster, I struggle to keep up. I am glad to be back running with the girls, and am trying not to think about the LONG run we have planned for this weekend!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

It was nice to have so many of us out there. It was also poignant when we saw the Storm cross country kids. It was nice to see that while we've moved on in our lives, some things never change.


Our overall pace was actually better, it was 9.3! Just a half mile at tempo pace really makes a difference. The Garmin showed 7.0-7.13 while we were running the tempo. Not bad for a bunch of old girls and one not so old. As for this weekend's long run, I'm trying not to think about it. I also try not to look too far ahead on the schedule because when I start seeing 20, 22, 24 miles I start hyperventilating :o