Sunday, August 9, 2009

I Survived!

I just returned from the American River where I went white water rafting with my family on the Middle and South Forks on some class III and IV rapids. I have to say, it was quite scary and cold, but totally worth the experience. Patty mentioned that she has always wanted to do this with her family and I think she should definitely go for it. I also suggested that we, the girls, should do it together. Then we could be called Moms Out Rafting Everywhere. We went with an excellent company (Earthtrek Expeditions) with guides that have been with them for 5-7 years that know the river very well. They also guide in New Zealand and Costa Rica the other half of the year. This is a huge benefit since we did actually see some people take serious spills in the river, including the tunnel chute that you see in the picture above. I think anyone of us could handle these rivers. Also as long distance runners, I think we all have some amount of adventurous personalities. Is it a date for next year ladies?

More pictures of our trip can be seen in my photo gallery under the "photography" gallery.

1 comment:

Patty said...

The pictures are AMAZING! I didn't even get through all of them, but they were worth whatever you paid for them. I would LOVE to go on that trip. I am going to show them to all of my family, but if they don't come through then we have a date for next summer! Glad you are back and had such a good time.