Thursday, August 20, 2009

It's Good for Us.

On another running blog, I came across a recent study linking running or strenuous activity and its link to a decrease in risk of cancer. The article mostly noted a reduction in lung and gastrointestinal cancer in their male subjects, but it also mentioned a reduction in breast cancer risks for women.

I started researching more sites on the Internet on running or strenuous exercises and it's possible benefits of reducing breast cancer risks in women pre and postmenopausal. I came across this article which I found interesting.

http://www.breastcancer.org/risk/new_research/20081031.jsp

So I guess when we're bitching and complaining as we climb those hills, we should remember that it does our body good in more ways than just reducing our waistlines.

No comments: