Friday, August 21, 2009

UGH!

There is not much else to say about last night's run except UGH! Marathon Mom and I started from Cheesepark and headed toward Heritage Park. We ran for a mile and a half and turned around and came back. We both agreed when we started out that we were not in the mood to run at all, and just wanted to get it over with the easiest way possible. It just seemed hard the whole way, even on the way toward Heritage which is a slight downhill. At one point when we were running back Marathon Mom said we were running at an 8.4 pace, so we slowed it down and figured it would get easier, but it never really did. The hills at the end just killed me, but I would have rather run up those than the extra quarter of a mile it would have taken to just finish on the trail. All we could do at the end of that run was look at eachother and say "at least we are out here". Hoping for a better run on Sunday!

4 comments:

marathon mom said...

I had a feeling that once I said I wasn't sore from the hill workout the night before, I would pay for it. Yeah, I wasn't sore, but my legs had nothing in them the entire time we were running. You were so tired that you even thought a bumble bee was a cute little humingbird! I'm sore today and my feet hurt.

Patty said...

I felt a little guilty when we passed the two ladies that you knew for the second time and they were impressed with how much ground we had covered. They thought we had run all the way to Heritage Park. Oh well, I would have been happy to sit and have a cup of coffee and watch people run by last night. I'm not sore but I'm still not feeling it, hope the feeling comes back by Sunday!

marathon mom said...

I'm thinking I could really use a Peet's coffee after our 16 miler.

Patty said...

Sounds like a plan!