Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It Was Ugly!

My friends were nice enough to join me on a run last night, even though Marathon Mom and I were hurting from our long run this weekend, and C was exhausted from a weekend of moving her daughter into her dorm. I will not be able to join them the rest of the week, because my son has a basketball tournament in Pasadena for the next three nights. The only one who was really ready to run was C, and it showed! We started at Bridgeport Park and ran toward Lowe's crossed under Bouquet and ran the trail toward the newer homes on Newhall Ranch. After we had run for l.5 miles, Marathon Mom asked if we should keep going, I think I had tears in my eyes when I said NO! C did keep running for a half mile or so while we just waited and complained about our aches and pains. On the way back, we had a bit of a head wind which reminded us that fall is coming and the windy weather with it (ugh!) We managed a 3.3 mile run, and speaking for myself it was hard to get through, my legs were just lifeless. I do think that the run did me good, as later I felt like I was actually less sore than I had been, so maybe just getting the blood flowing was a good idea. I know my legs will recover and I am going to take today off and try to run on my own this week. I will be reading to find out how my friends do the rest of the week without me.

3 comments:

marathon mom said...

It is pretty scary when you're only a half mile into your run and you don't think you could go any farther. It wasn't so much the soreness, but the unresponsiveness of my legs. It was like they had a mind of their own and were refusing to move. Also going out just felt really hot and miserable. I did feel a little better on the way back, but not much. Today, the legs feel better and the ankle isn't bothering me as much so maybe that is a good sign for the rest of this week.

Patty said...

My legs felt the same way, like they were paralyzed. I can't believe how much better they feel today though, so I think the run really helped. I will let you know how my run goes in the morning, and if they have really recovered. I am embarrassed to think about what we must have looked like to our friend's husband as we were running so pathetically through Stevenson Ranch :(

marathon mom said...

I know, we must have really looked pathetic. So much so that he didn't even honk to say "hi". He probably didn't want anyone to know that he actually knew us.