Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Mad Run

I showed up to my run kind of mad and in a sour mood. It's a good thing only Patty showed up because I wouldn't have wanted to subject ALL of my friends to my grumblings. Patty should have known by my mood that it was going to be a fast pace. We all run faster when we're mad and I probably picked a bad day to be mad because Patty was feeling a bit tired today. Our pace has been creeping up a bit lately so I'm glad we did run a little faster today (9.32 min/mi.) even in this miserable, humid weather. We got a scare coming down the dirt road from Cheese Park as a security guard came up behind us in his car rather fast. I guess he realized we weren't quite a threat after all and decided to let us pass. Our plan was to run down to Decoro and cross the bridge and run up the other side where it is shadier, but it really wasn't so bad on the sunnier side so we decided to run to Heritage and back. It's on days like this that I'm thankful I have friends to run with and I'm sure my family is also VERY thankful.

I wore what I hope to be our "uniform" or colors. I found a pair of shorts that are similar to the colors of our blog on the top of the page, which I wore with a pink top. Unfortunately C wasn't able to see the "uniform", but I really did like the color combination. Patty did too, but she needs to try the shorts. It's all about the fit.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I knew that your mood was influencing our pace today. I felt like I was crawling and you were just busting to take off. All I can say about tonight's run is that I am glad I did it and I am glad it is over! I felt like stopping pretty much the whole way, and I really felt like crying at one point. I am hoping it was the lack of sleep, but my legs were not feeling it tonight and I am actually shocked we kept the pace we did. Tomorrow is another day, have a great trip!