Monday, July 13, 2009

Just Another Moaning Monday!

I have to say that we are developing a pattern, we run Sunday morning and we moan all through our run Monday night! Tonight Marathon Mom, C, her daughter, K from work and I met at Heritage and ran toward Bridgeport. The moaning started right of the bat, and pretty much continued the whole way! The thing about the run is that it wasn't really that bad, oh yeah, our legs hurt a bit from our 10 miler yesterday, but other than that it was a nice night for a run. The weather seemed like it was starting to cool off, and the run around the lake in Bridgeport is truly a beautiful run. I have to be honest and say that I seriously considered flaking out on my friends all afternoon, and had to stop myself from texting them and saying I wasn't feeling well. The funny thing about it is that at some point during our run, every single one of us expressed the same thing! The power of peer pressure can be a good thing at times. I didn't want to run tonight, I was in a bad mood, had a bad headache and just was not feeling it, but with the help of my friends, I made it through a 3 mile run and I know I am the better for it. Thanks girls

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

You're right about all of us not feeling up to running tonight, but we all showed up. I think the heat had all of us wondering about the sanity of running tonight. There is certainly something powerful about peer pressure, but in this case in a positive way. I have to say it was rather painful for me tonight up until the last mile when my muscles finally loosened up. I am thankful that none of us flaked, including myself, and we made it through another day. I am looking forward to next week when we can take Mondays off after our long Sunday runs. I hope Wednesday is better as far as the heat goes.

Patty said...

I am hoping for a bit of cooler weather but the paper says it is supposed to heat right back up by the weekend. I was just AMAZED at how much we all didn't want to run but ended up showing up and running, and then planning a tough run for Wed! I will enjoy my day off today, and really am looking forward to the new schedule for next week, it will help to have Mon. off. Gotta get back to Twilight.