Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Running on Empty!

The title of this post sums up the feeling on our run this morning, but is also a shout out to one of my favorite singers Jackson Browne. My hubby said he is going to be in concert locally in a couple of weeks and we may be able to go, now that made me smile! Nothing about our run made me smile today, I started out with rubbery legs and an upset stomach and I feel the same way 4 hours later. I am sure yesterday's outlet shopping wih the girls may have had something to do with the sore feet, and rubbery legs, but it was worth it to spend the day with my friends. I knew I was in trouble when I chose fashion over function and wore strappy flip-flops with no support (I was scolded by Marathon Mom), I paid the price last night and even tried soaking them in a foot bath, but it didn't help much. Marathon Mom, C, and I grumbled through a slow-paced 3 miler this morning, and amazingly enough made plans to run the COC cross country race tomorrow night (I think that is why I am queasy!), and then run our 6 miler on Fri. moring, since we are busy with our kids on the weekend! I especially am famous for dragging along during a run, all the while making grand plans for even more difficult runs in the near future. I think the term "glutton for punishment" comes to mind. I am going to try to do as little as possible today, and maybe even eat right, so I will be ready for tomorrow night. Maybe I will even get out the 8 tracks and listen to a little Jackson Browne (don't pretend you all don't know who he is) I will post a review of TWILIGHT in the near future as I did finish reading it, I just need to find the right words.

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

I do know who Jackson Brown is. I just can't recall any of his songs, but I'm like that with all artists. As for this morning's run, I felt okay. My only complaint is still my stomach. I chose to wear the 5-year-old comfy sandals, which I finally threw away today because I bought a new pair while shopping, although I may regret it later. I am a comfort over cute type of girl. I guess that's my practical nature coming out. As for tomorrow's race, I have zero expectations. I will run it so as not to appear as a poor sport since I know you and C have your heart set on doing at least one this year. I just know I won't be breaking any records, even my own which is pretty sad.

Patty said...

Well "Running on Empty" is one of them, but I think "The Pretender" is one of the best albums ever. I haven't felt good today at all, I have no expectations for tomorrow, I just want to get it over with. I hope I can rally a bit.