Monday, July 6, 2009

A Popular Trail

Patty, C, See N Sun, and I met at the South Fork parking lot and ran for a short 3.1 miles. I knew beforehand that tonight's run wasn't going to be a lot of miles so I also ran 3.5 miles this morning to double up and make up for some of the miles I missed last week. I doubt that the little bit of running I did at Mammoth had anything to do with it and it certainly didn't qualify as "altitude training" , but I actually felt like I had a lot of energy left for the second run of today. That bit of energy really came in handy because our younger See N Sun can sure push the pace. It was nice to let the legs go a bit and pick up the pace on the way back. We've been letting the pace slide a bit lately so today's 9.17 was a welcome change. As we were running along a straight stretch of the trail, we noticed that there were so many people out walking, running, or cycling. I guess the heat doesn't deter too many people. However, even with all those people out and about, Patty's hubby still decided to run in the opposite direction and avoid us all together, even if it meant running straight into the sun.

As for our book "club" idea, we've decided that we'll all read the same book and when we've all finished reading it, we can discuss it. Since a few of us have copies of "Twilight", I think that's what we've chosen as our first book. It's an easy summer read, nothing too complicated. I suggested a running book, but no one seemed interested. Perhaps we'll all take turns choosing a book. We'll have to improvise as we go along and see what works.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It was busy on the trail tonight, I liked it because for the most part we were in the shade. C and I were feeling the 10 miles we ran on Sat. and felt like we were in a race at the end of the run, but we just couldn't catch up. It may just be the two of us on Wed. so let me know if you still want to do COC. Nice to have you back.