Friday, July 17, 2009

Finally Friday!

I think all three of us (Patty, Karen, and I) were very glad it was finally Friday. As we started our run from VHS, we all seemed to be feeling pretty good and energetic. Since the bathrooms were closed at the school, we decided to head towards Cheese Park and get a water/bathroom break there. This was Karen's first time on that trail so I wasn't sure how she would handle the hills with her knees, but she surprised us all by tackling those hills out and back like she had been doing them all along! I think it's amazing how we all have different strengths and weaknesses. I don't think hills are my strengths, but Patty is positive that they are her weaknesses. Generally those with shorter legs do better on the uphill and those with longs legs tend to do better down hill. I think I just do better on the flats. I will not be able to run with the girls again this weekend so I'm hoping that I will be good and run long on my own tomorrow. Eleven miles is not fun even with a bunch of friends so running on my own will be torture.

3 comments:

Patty said...

Today's run was very nice, easy pace and it went by really fast. I know the hills are not my strength, I just don't seem to know what mine is. K amazed me today, as her natural running ability is really starting to show through, she looked good! I think we need to make a rule not to mention on our blog how we schedule our runs around where the bathrooms are, it makes us look like little old ladies, are we?

Patty said...

I was thinking earlier, that if you are going to run tomorrow morning anyway, why aren't we all just running our 11 then? I don't have a problem with it, so think about it. I don't know how far you planned on going tomorrow morning but I could do 11 tomorrow if you like.

marathon mom said...

Hey it's either stopping for restroom breaks or we start wearing depends! And, the more we run as we age, it's not going to get any better unless we start doing some heavy duty Kegal exercises. Even then with having kids, it might be a losing battle. I think we should just age gracefully and run around bathroom breaks.