Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hello Hills!

Tonight Marathon Mom and her hubby met me at COC to see how we fared on the hills. We stuck to the dirt and were dragging right off the bat. We told her hubby to just run ahead, unless he was going to chat with us, we didn't want to hold him back. The first time around was very hard, I felt like I couldn't breathe, and Marathon Mom's legs were feeling tired. I am sure she overdid it on her "vacation" with all the running and hiking in the altitude. We agreed that if we could have used my legs tonight and her easy breathing, we would have been just fine. The second time around she got a cramp and let me go on ahead on "killer hill". Even with a cramp she caught up and passed me, aah, I should have taken advantage sooner, while I had the chance. I think we both had visions of the cross-country races that will begin tomorrow night and how hard they are. Marathon Mom claims she doesn't want to run any of them, and I feel like we should run at least one. The one thing about our run tonight is that the weather was very pleasant, and if it is the same tomorrow night, I will be sad we didn't just get it over with. It seems to me that every time you run the hills on that course, there is another hill that wasn't there last time. I enjoyed our run, she may beg to differ, but the weather and being able to cool down on the track was a nice change and I think we should do it more often, maybe even on a Thurs. night!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

I thought today's quote was appropriate because of what you said to my hubby as we were running. I guess it doesn't matter if they run the same way, or go in a totally different direction because they don't talk much anyhow. I really hated tonight. I thought with all the running we've been doing, it would have been easier, but that's the worst I've felt on that course in YEARS! No, I have no desire to race it. I liked what we did tonight, just running it at our own pace, no crowds, no dust to inhale, and the track pretty much all to ourselves. I really enjoyed the cool down and being able to run a couple of laps barefoot. Can't really do that on race night because there's always too much vomit on the infield after the race.

Patty said...

I did notice the quote, and I know that all the men in my house seem to hate to talk and run. I hope I didn't offend yours when I told him not to wait for us. I am always "AMAZED" that with all the running we do, that sometimes it is just so hard, it doesn't seem fair. I did like being able to finish up on the track and would like to add that run into the mix more often.