Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Hump Day

Hmm, I know what you're thinking, no not THAT kind of hump, but the middle of the week kind! On the hump day of the week, we tackled the many humps, bumps, and hills at the C.O.C. course tonight. Patty, C, C's daughter, and I ran a warm up lap first and stretched before heading onto the trail. This seems to make a world of difference for me to be able to warm up and stretch before starting right into a climb. Patty and I started with our water belts on the warm up lap, but we quickly got rid of them before going up on the course because they just felt oppressive in the humidity. That was a huge mistake! We were so thirsty and cotton mouth by our first lap on the course. Thankfully C had carried her water with her and was generous to share. We all agreed that the freeway right next to the course really makes it difficult to breath, but for some reason it was a little easier the second time around. I am happy to report that last week's horrible run on the same course was just a phase and this time was much better for me. As before, we ran two quicker laps around the track and then ran two cool down laps without our shoes. It feels so good to take off your shoes after running. We finished just in time before they locked the gates on us. C's daughter wasn't so lucky. She had to take the long way out, but that's okay she's young, she can handle it. While we were waiting for C's daughter, some guy drove up and rolled down his window in front of us like he was going to ask us a question. Instead he pointed a flash light in our eyes. Of course we all stared at him like "deer in the headlights" just waiting. Thankfully it was just one of the hubbies trying to pull a prank on us. It worked.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Wow! love the quote, it is so true. I felt good tonight but a little bummed because as good as I have been feeling my friends are feeling even better, and leaving me in their dust. I have to think that working the hills every week is doing us good, and the cooldown is worth driving to COC for! Looking forward to morning runs, ONE more day of work, yay!!!!