Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Short But Not So Sweet

Being pressed for time, Patty and I ran our hilly route on the paseos. We both agreed that if we're going to bother getting all dressed and drive somewhere to run, we should at least make an honest effort at a decent workout. The thing about hills is that it really gets your heart rate up in no time and it probably does us more good than a long slower run where we're barely breaking a sweat. Unfortunately, neither of our stomachs were feeling all too well. When I was young, nothing bothered my stomach, but now all it takes is a granola bar with too much fiber and a war wages in my stomach. I've also noticed that I really cannot consume anything 3 hours before running or it just wants to come back up. We both made it back safely and actually felt like we worked very hard. I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day for our tummies.

1 comment:

Patty said...

It really was a great run today, I am trying to remember the inhaler every time I run, but sadly it just escapes me until I start running and can't catch my breath. I am really glad we ran the hills and I have to say that I feel like it is much less daunting than it used to be, if there had been time, I would have trudged up to the water tower without a second thought. We almost got taken out by some kids on bikes and luckily "marathon mom" was paying attention and we waited or we would have been toast. I am looking forward to a little something tomorrow to keep my legs warmed up for our weekend run.