Friday, February 20, 2009

Night Out

It was such a welcome change to go out with my friends and enjoy a glass, or two, or three of wine and some conversation. While we do actually talk when running, it's not the same as when we can sit down and converse without struggling for air. During the week we are usually so busy just trying to get our runs in and then running home to make dinner or shuttle our kids to the next practice, that it leaves little time to find out what's happening in each other's lives. We will certainly have to do this more often and invite others to join us. We are also thankful for the men in our lives for driving us back and forth so we don't have to. (If there are typos or other errors, I'm going to blame it on the wine.)

3 comments:

Picture Lady said...

Yes! I had a great time. Thanks for inviting me. We must do it again :-)
I worked harder this morning on my 3 mile: walk + run... I walked my absolute fastest and started running sooner so as to train myself to just run... with you all. I don't want to join your group too soon and become discouraged. But I did my 3 miles in 35 minutes... which includes hills... at the end I imaged K pushing ahead... so I tried also to push myself at the end... I pretended I was a Pittsburgh Steelers football player chasing one of those Cardinals with the ball as I weaved around cars on the curb! ( hey, when you're alone ya gotta improvise!)

"Slaying the dragon of delay is no sport for the short-winded." ~Sandra Day O'Connor

marathon mom said...

We've been talking about how we can make it work so that others like you who are starting out can still join us for the runs and the coffee afterwards. Some of our other followers on this blog run shorter distances too. Perhaps we can stagger a start time so that we can all be done around the same time. Something to think about.

Patty said...

Your time looks pretty good to me, I think you would be fine. As long as we all end up in the same place for coffee afterwards, it is all good.