Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's a Beautiful Day

I am thinking of that song by U2 and after the past couple of weeks, today seemed truly to be a "beautiful day". The rain has stopped for a couple of days, the sun was out and the constant chill in my bones seems to have finally gone away. K, C, and I were determined to get out for a run this afternoon and the weather and the kids finally cooperated. It was cool when we started and we questioned the shorts we wore with our long sleeves, but before long we were peeling off the jackets and complaining about how hot we were. We ran from Chesebrough Park and did the longer loop that starts on the trail closer to the Albertsons side, took that to Decoro and then headed back on the Heritage Pk. side of the trail, finishing off with our two good sized hills. I am happy to say though I lagged behind, I didn't stop on the hills, it's the second time now, so I know I will get better. We had to about a quarter of a mile, around the park and school, but we ran 4 miles and managed a 9:37? pace, even with the hills. I have to say after the last couple of days, I am happy for that and for the great weather, and am hoping for only good things to come for my friends and their families!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

It is amazing how a little bit of sunshine can drastically change your outlook on things. I could never make it back East or up in the Pacific Northwest. I am looking forward to making it two days in a row tomorrow.

marathon mom said...

I was just reading Claire's blog site and it reminded me of my attempt on the dreadmill the other day when it was raining so much. Don't feel bad Claire, I could only handle 2 miles on the dreadmill!