Monday, February 23, 2009

Dead Legs

I guess we were patting ourselves too soon for running 7+ miles this weekend with no problems. While we were all pleasantly surprised that our legs were not sore after our long run this weekend, what we didn't expect was how tired we would still be on our run today. There's this stuff that our legs are supposed to store for fuel called glycogen, but I think we sort of depleted our supply from this weekend. Our legs were heavy and slow today and the humid, muggy air didn't help much either. We took a slight detour from our normal route from Chesebrough and ended up running a little more than our usual Monday mileage. I think change is good, especially if it means more miles!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Today's run started out just awful for me, I couldn't breathe and my legs felt like lead. I am so glad we ran on the Albertson's side of the trail for the most part because it really cooled us down, can you believe we were "hot". I felt better once we got warmed up, but I have been in pain ever since. My toes, my foot and my hip are really sore tonight and I am hoping they will feel better after a good nights sleep. It was nice to actually go farther than planned, even if it was unintentional.

Patty said...

Are you predicting a 4.5 mile run on Wed.?

marathon mom said...

Not unless we intend to go sightseeing again. Since we're under a time constraint, we'll probably go 20 minutes out and 20 back.

Claire said...

I can't believe you all were hot on your run! It was in the 30's here today. I'm nervous for when our heat and humidity arrive. I'm just not so sure I'll be able to hack it in that kind of weather.

I hope everyone's legs feel better next time you go out.