Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not Much MORE!

It looks like our running group hasn't been doing any running lately and that is not entirely true. It was a very stressful week for one of us (to say the least), and the weather has been less than desireable for running. Last Sat. we managed to find sunny skies and ventured out for about 4 miles, it was a really nice morning, and it was nice to be out of the house, sharing a cup of coffee and a run with the girls. I tried to take the initiative yesterday and convinced K we should run even in the cold and the extreme wind, but I chickened out when I realized it was in the 30's and even colder when you factored in the wind. I know that our friends C and M went out today, but unfortunately I was shuttling kids around and couldn't get there in time. I know this sounds like an awful lot of excuses for not running but I feel like as long as I try again tomorrow there is hope for me. I know the skies will clear up eventually, and I know that the stress will lessen with time, and I also know that my friends will be waiting to join me on a run. Here's to sunny skies tomorrow afternoon!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

I kept telling you it was REALLY cold and windy(about 5x), but you didn't believe me. It was only after C told you it was in the 30's that you believed me. Next time I'm just going to tell you it's in the 30's even when it's not.

Patty said...

You should have, because I remember a couple of morning runs when it was frosty outside and it was just torture the whole time. Those mornings it was in the 30's! I feel like I let you down, I talked you into running and then backed down, I regret it now, you all know I am a bit of a baby.