Friday, February 27, 2009

Got Milk? Chocolate That Is

I've been hearing about this miracle cure for some time and quite frankly the first time I heard of it, due to the source, I thought it was a bunch of hype. However, lately I've been coming across more and more articles about the benefits of drinking a glass of chocolate milk within 15 minutes of a run to help speed recovery. It supposedly has the perfect ratio of nutrients to help rebuild muscle tissue and put back the carbs needed to fuel your next run. The only problem is that I would have to choose between my usual vanilla latte or a glass of chocolate milk. Do you think a mocha counts?


Here is a link to Runner's World on the benefits of chocolate milk.

http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid1430551072/bclid1515735608/bctid13474015001

2 comments:

Patty said...

I think we are going to have to trade the Strawberry Muffins for the Egg Sandwich also, not going to be the same!

Picture Lady said...

Hmmm... Chocolate low fat milk works for me!