Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Goal

My goal is to be able to run 10 miles every weekend with no problems. It doesn't matter how many miles I get in during the week, I just want to be able to go out there and run 10 and not feel as though it's the end of the world. Being able to run 7 this weekend and not feel sore the next day tells me that this isn't totally unrealistic. The only problem is time. I would have to commit at least 1 1/2 hours each weekend morning to do this. I think 10 miles is a good training distance because it's a good base for either a 1/2 marathon or a 10K. I think the 10K is an ideal race distance for my friends and me. I had my eye on the Great Race 10K next month in Agoura, but it happens to be on the same day as our kids' track meets. No matter how much I want to do that race, I would still rather watch my kids run instead. So....I'm hoping my friends will be on board and make it their goal too. And for our friends not running that far, we can do a stagger start and still meet up at the end for coffee.

1 comment:

Patty said...

In theory I am totally on board with this goal. I do it all the time in my head. I am excited about trying to extend our long runs on the weekends, we will just have to start earlier. I was talking with C's daughter about how much I like the long weekend runs, because they make the weekday runs just a little bit easier.