Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's Pouring!



There's the old saying, "When it rains, it pours" and that couldn't be truer for some of us these last couple of days. We worry about not getting enough done around the house, not getting our runs in with our friends, not eating what we should, but in the end what we worry about the most is our kids. Whether it be a new school, a trip to the emergency room, or a bout with the flu, everything else seems insignificant when it comes to the well-being of our children. It is the part of being moms that ultimately tie us together, through stressful, sad, and joyous times.

2 comments:

Patty said...

So true, it seems lately like we have each been tested when it comes to our children. I personally draw strength from my friends, because I know they want the best for me and my children and are there to help if needed. They are also ready to run with me, which weather permitting I will be able to do tomorrow. Thank you all for you care and concern it really keeps me going!

Picture Lady said...

"My hopes,
My dreams,
My treasure,
My very best work...
...my children."

A longer version of that verse was on a greeting card that I saved forever until a friend of mine needed it more.

Anyone who has loved a child eventually knows frustration, pain, worry and fear. As a parent I have never lived near family. Friends sometimes and exercise always are my sanctuary for sanity.

At 11am today the clouds parted briefly for 3 miles of peace and planning!