Monday, June 21, 2010

Summer is Here!

Tomorrow marks the first official day of summer, when we have the longest daylight hours in one day.  Remarkably it has been quite cool, cool enough for us to run at night rather than in the mornings.  I'm sure by the end of July and into August, we're going to be feeling the heat, but tonight's run was actually quite pleasant.  We met at Cheese Park and ran down the east side of the river trail to Decoro and then back up the west side of the trail hoping to find more shade.  Well there really wasn't a whole lot of shade because the sun was higher up at this time of the year, but it really wasn't too bad.  I missed the breeze more than the shade.  I've been trying to push the pace more and I noticed we were running under 9 minute miles for the last mile and about 9.2-9.3 at other times, but our overall pace was still 9.4.  We must start really slow and the first hilly part must throw our pace off.

Everyone seemed a little dead legged with the busy weekend and day behind us.  Hopefully we will find some more energy tomorrow because it's interval time with the SCRs.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Today was a struggle, the legs just felt dead. I felt like I was running slowly the whole time, and I really wanted to stop and walk. My feet are sore tonight, so I have got to do something, at least replace the inserts. I am enjoying this cooler weather though and hope it lasts a bit!

marathon mom said...

It's too bad we can't just replace our feet rather than just replacing inserts or shoes. I'm not entirely convinced it's my inserts. I think my trouble is related to either of my new Sauconys, my new sandals, or my old Asics. My suspicion is that it's my new Sauconys. I started having trouble right after I got them and my new summer sandals. I will have to stop running in the Sauconys or put inserts in them and see if the problem persists.