Saturday, June 26, 2010

A Run Worth Getting Up For!

I wasn't sure I should be running this morning, and getting up early to do it, was
really tough. I met Marathon Mom at Peet's, bright and early at 6:30. After last Thurs. nights run, my foot had been hurting, in the spot where I stepped on the rock, over a year and half ago. I have been worrying that I am pushing my luck running on it, so I did make a doctor's appt. for this coming Monday. Marathon Mom wasn't too excited about running either, she was tired and not feeling well, and has also been suffering with sore feet. The up side was that it was nice and cool at 6:30 in the morning. We started from Peet's and headed toward
South Fork, and took that to the gate at Wiley. We have done this before and it is right around 7 miles total, there and back. I have to say, that my foot felt pretty good on the run, and is not nearly as sore as it was on Thurs, in fact it doesn't hurt at all today! The run was nice, we didn't take the GPS and were able to run comfortably and talk the whole way. I think we needed a run with no pressure, to just feel like ourselves again. Marathon Mom was also pretty relieved that her feet felt better today, since she had gotten some new inserts.

I am going to enjoy the rest of my Sat. watch some World Cup Soccer and maybe do a little computer shopping with my son. Marathon Mom is watching soccer in San Diego, before she drops her son off for soccer camp. If I could just get excused from Jury Duty, I could start to feel like I am on summer vacation!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

For the first half of the run, I really did feel like a zombie getting only 4 hours of sleep due to an upset stomach. I remember thinking as I was tossing and turning how crazy it was for us to consider running 10 miles when our feet have been killing us. I'm glad our feet didn't give us any trouble, if only the same were true for our stomachs. I actually think we ran at a decent pace today,especially since we didn't do a lot of stopping, just really once. I actually felt pretty good and though we could have managed a 10 miler.

However, the lack of sleep has caught up with me and the traffic to and from San Diego was horrific. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow.

Patty said...

The thing that is good about running with others is, that you show up even when you don't feel like it, when it is not convenient. You know that if you don't you will be letting someone down! The benefit of this is that most times you are glad you got a run in, and it was not as bad as you thought it would be. As Moms, everyday presents obstacles to our running schedule!