Monday, June 14, 2010

The First Day

Today was officially the first day me and Patty had off from work for the rest of the summer and as I woke to the alarm clock this morning, I was wondering to myself  "why in the world are we getting up so early when we don't have to?"  There are just some days when you wake up before the alarm and then there are those days you just want to go back to sleep and today, I just wanted to stay in bed.  I think I was just exhausted from a busy weekend.  However, as Patty, C and I were finishing off our final stretch at Central Park, I was thinking how glad I was that we were done before it got any hotter.  The thought of being out so early when we don't have to go to work isn't something I am looking forward to, but I know that if we want to stay out of the heat, I'm just going to have to suck it up.  We are also planning on running a couple of times in the evening too, that way Marisol can join us since her kids are off for the summer too.  I think we may have even convinced her to bring her kids in the jogger so she can still run with us in the morning.

As I mentioned earlier, I woke up feeling like I needed more sleep and continued to feel that way all day and wasn't really looking forward to an end of the year get together with some friends from work tonight, but I'm glad I went.  It turned out to be fun and the martini wasn't bad either.  I guess if you get a great group of women together and  you mix some alcohol with them, you're bound to have a good time, no matter how tired you are.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I had to laugh to myself when we were done running yesterday morning, and we decided we needed to run in the evening so we could sleep in. All last week we complained about the evening runs and how tired we were at the end of the day, and how nice it would be to run in the morning. The Lazy Dog is a great place to meet with a group of people there was plenty of room for all of us! The food was good too, just enough, and turned out to be quite affordable. I like being able to be home by 8:30 to watch TV with my son (he loves the Bachelorette).

marathon mom said...

I love the Bachelorette! It's the first time I'm interested in watching it. I caught just the tail end of it, but I stayed on the channel to watch True Beauty.

I know we are never happy, morning or night. I felt much better after the run, but I really was sleepy all day. Just one of those days. I'm sure I'll be much happier with the mornings once it really starts to heat up.

Patty said...

I can't believe you admitted to watching "True Beauty"! I got sucked in a couple of weeks ago. I love the way they reveal the "true" premise of the show at the end, and Vanessa Manillo comes out, I expect them all to go "WHO are you". It makes me wonder what I would do if I didn't know someone was watching?