Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all our fathers out there!  Our running has been on hiatus the last few days and I was itching to go for a run today, but since it was Father's Day, I decided to give my hubby a break and let him sit on the couch and watch the World Cup Soccer instead.  This year must be the ultimate Father's day for my husband, World Cup soccer and Father's day falling on the same day.


I left my house rather early and headed for the switchbacks behind Helmers into Northpark.  I ran to the second bridge like we usually do, but instead of coming back the same way, I decided to run down Grandview back to my house.  I just didn't feel like coming back the same way.  Even though I haven't done any running for the last 3 days, my heels were hurting like crazy again.  I'm not sure if it's being on my feet or if it's the new sandals I've been wearing.  I found out that Patty ran this morning also (with her husband) and her feet are hurting her too.  The pain usually goes away after the first mile, but today it persisted.  I am starting to get worried, but I'm not in panic mode yet.  I think I need to start looking for new running shoes.  

1 comment:

Patty said...

If your heels are hurting well into your run, I think you need to see the doctor! My left heel hurts when I get up in the morning, and my feet have been so sore from all the walking around the Berkeley campus. I am trying to remember when I last bought new shoes, and I am thinking that it is time for another pair. I notice that during my runs, the pads of my feet hurt, so I am afraid there is just not enough cushion in my shoes. We celebrated a bit today, with my hubby before he had to go to work and we will finish up when #3 comes home on Tues. I have jury duty this week, so cross your fingers that I won't have to report, so far I am off the hook for tomorrow! See you tomorrow.