Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SCR's Watch Out We're Back

I have to give Marathon Mom credit, she really pushes us to try things that are out of our comfort zone. For the past couple of months she has mentioned that we should join the SCR's for intervals on Tuesday nights. As far as C and I are concerned, we would probably prefer a root canal without anethesia. Somehow running 400's, 600's and 200's as fast as possible, coming in last and then doing it all again, is not the way we want to spend our Tues. nights. We showed up with the understanding that we would see who was there running and then decide. It doesn't seem like we discussed it after that, because the intervals were starting and we jumped right in. The group was missing the faster group that are usually there and consisted of mostly women. The women were faster than I was, except for the one, very friendly woman who said she was having trouble because she had In-n-Out for lunch. Well I say keep eating the In-n-Out, because if there is one person behind me then I don't feel so bad! We all agreed that it wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. I just need to go easy on the water, right before I get there, as it caused me some stomach distress in the middle of one of the 600's, but other than that I felt like it was a good workout.

I have run for three straight days now, and my feet are feeling it tonight. I am not sure when I will be able to run again after tomorrow morning, so I am going to just do it, and enjoy a little break. I was glad to find out that my friends have the same distrust of dentists that I do. I hate to blame all these things on age, because I know we are only going to get older, but it sure seems like one thing after another. I just wish I didn't feel like we had to send every dentist's kids to private schools, cause that is what it feels like. Thanks Marathon Mom for the push!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

I could swear the interval workouts were always much longer, but tonight it really went super fast! Maybe we're in better shape? Hah! Either way, it really was doable and not as bad as we had feared. I'm definitely up for it again next week. I also like how it breaks up the monotony of our usual runs.

I particularly enjoyed being able to sit for once after a run and stretch. The breeze just felt so good after a hard workout.

As for dentists, I researched that whole Cerec crown thing and it really is a scam. Dentists, especially those who work the cosmetic angle, really push crowns and particularly Cerec crowns because they charge an arm and a leg for it and it costs them less money to put them in. These dentists are also taking perfectly good savable teeth and grinding them down to a nub so they can put crowns on them. No wonder everyone hates going to the dentist!