Saturday, June 12, 2010

An Early Eight

This morning we met early (6:30) in order to beat the heat, but mostly because Marathon Mom has a busy day ahead. C and her daughter (just back from college) were waiting for us, and ready to go. We decided to go out 4 miles from Lowe's and turn around. C's daughter stayed with us for the first half mile and then got bored and took off. She passed by us once but was feeling good so kept going to get 10 miles in. It was a very uneventful run, nice to just run and talk which we haven't done in a while. We all have different plans for the summer, C seems to have found a job, Marathon Mom is going to enjoy her time off and spend her time keeping track of her 2 boys, while I am going to prepare myself and my son for going away to college in August. My youngest has been going to basketball camp at Valencia, and will start a summer math program next week, so it seems like there has been no downtime yet! Hopefully we can get in a beach trip, somewhere in between all the activity, and our running schedule!

We managed our 8 miles at a nice 9:45 pace, and I have to say that the earlier start really helped me. It was humid, but oh so much cooler. I just LOVE June gloom!

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

Yeah, June gloom makes me very happy. I also enjoyed the earlier start time, not only for the cooler weather, but also because we actually beat some other people back in to Starbucks so we don't seem so slow. I was also happy with the fact that we can run tempo pace for the last two miles of an 8 mile run.

Patty said...

I was happy with the pace on the way back yesterday, that last two miles always seems so hard. Hubby convinced me to run COC with him this morning, but didn't get going until around 9:30. There was no June gloom, and even though the air was still cool, the sun was beating at the top. My legs were a bit tired from yesterday, but I felt pretty good. I am ready to get out there with the girls and conquer the hills with you.