Thursday, November 20, 2008

Youth

I was at the junior high school cross country race at Central Park today and it got me thinking about how lucky the kids are to have youth on their side. I doubt they experience the same aches and pains we feel in our 40's. The one thing I regret from my youth is that I didn't participate in any organized sports. I wish I had tried out for some sort of team in high school. But then I wonder if I would have appreciated the opportunity as much as I do now that I am older.

Anyhow, it was a nice day at the park to watch the races. It was also nice to see some old familiar faces that we've met throughout the years when our children ran together.

1 comment:

Patty said...

If you had done more in your youth, you would be aching even more. The best years are still to come, we need something to talk about on our runs, what better than what hurts.