Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gadgets are Good!

I readily admit that I am not much for gadgets, up until recently I couldn't have imagined needing anything other than good running shoes to accompany me on a run. I don't even like to wear a watch, I might glance at it and trip over something (my friends know that this is a true possibility). However since I have been running with a friend who faithfully wears a GPS and I have to say I have come to appreciate the perks that come with it. It is nice to know the exact mileage of a certain route, which comes in handy when we run on trails that can't be measured in my car, also it tells us how fast we are running which is sometimes a pleasant surprise. We have truly come to rely on the GPS when we run and it makes running in a new place so much easier because we know exactly how far we are going. I don't love it enough to want to wear one, but I am happy to reap the benefits of those that love the gadgets. My brother Dave is a true gadget guy (notice I did not say the other "g" word) and he has been exploring walking/running trails all over Santa Clarita, here is the address of his blog where he has detailed info on trails and parks that he has discovered,
http://sirdude.com/musings/

2 comments:

marathon mom said...

Hi Patty,I added your brother's website as a link on the side. It does not look good for tomorrow morning. Darn, I was looking forward to that coffee. If it's just a drizzle I'm still up for a run. Some of my most memorable runs have been through a storm.

Patty said...

I am hoping it is going to take a break around 8am. I don't mind running if it is just a drizzle. We will wait and see.