Monday, November 17, 2008

Today is a "Present"

I watched "Kung Foo Panda" with my son this weekend and would recommend it to everyone. The message of the movie was that we can do anything as long as we believe in ourselves. There is a great quote in the movie "The past is history, the future is a mystery, today is a gift, that is why they call it the present". I have heard advice like this about running, along the line of not dwelling on what you've already done or thinking about what still lies ahead, but keeping yourself in the moment and focusing on only that. I thought how much that would help on the second mile of the COC race, when I don't know how I will get up the hills ahead much less finish that horrible lap around the track at the end. Anyway, I wanted to pass this along, I can't remember if it was the Panda, the bushbaby, or the old turtle who said it, maybe I'll watch the movie again. You should too!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

I think it was the turtle. I saw it over the summer at the theater when my friend Gina and her kids were visiting from Ohio. We started out seeing "Zohan", but walked out because it was so stupid and inappropriate for the kids. I'm glad we decided on seeing Kung Foo Panda instead. It was very good.