Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Day Off


It was nice to take a day off from running and get together for just a day of fun. We have been looking forward to seeing "Wicked" for some time now and I for one thoroughly enjoyed myself, aside from the smokey smell in the sky and also next to me. When we're on our runs, it's sometimes hard to talk amongst ourselves (probably because we're just too busy trying to breath and not pass out). It was so nice to not worry about rushing off to pick up one of the kids from somewhere or to go home and get dinner started. While I enjoy running with my friends, I enjoy having dinner and a glass of wine with them even more.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I had such a good time and liked the play, so much more than I imagined I would. It was very clever and I am glad we took the time to do something out of the norm. We are busy moms who always feel a little guilty spending time away from the family, but it is good for them to see that we have a life, and it is a good one when we can share it with friends.