Saturday, November 22, 2008

Running Skirts

At first when I first saw them, I thought "how ridiculous!", but now they're kind of growing on me. Unfortunately by the time I fully accept them as appropriate running attire, I think I will be considered too old to be seen wearing one. You would have to be under a certain age to wear one. They are cute and it really is no different than playing tennis in a skirt, I guess. I just don't know if it would bug me to feel something "swishing" around as I'm trying to run. I have enough things on or in my body "swishing" around that are permanently attached to me. I don't know, what do you gals think? Would you ever be caught wearing one?

Here's a link to the history of running skirts:
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-369-371--12799-0,00.html

2 comments:

Claire said...

How funny that you post this! Angela and I were discussing this on our blog, as she found a link to a "Skirt Chaser" race. The women get a head start and then guys get to chase them!

I'm not ready for the skirt just yet...in fact I'm a little nervous about wearing anything shorter than the long pants I've been wearing lately. Hopefully by the summer I'll be more confident!

Patty said...

I think they might just be more comfortable than shorts. I think the husband might like them too much though.