Saturday, November 29, 2008

A Little More Conversation

Well my friends are all out of town for the holiday weekend, so I recruited my husband to run with me at Central Park while the High Schoolers had practice. While I so appreciate him going with me, it is just not the same as when the girls run together! I don't know if he is embarrassed to actually run as slowly as I do or if it is just not a good enough workout, but we didn't actually run together and when we were near eachother there was no conversation. Now it's not like I didn't have a good run, the weather was great and my legs felt pretty good so I was trying to keep up with him and not doing too bad. The thing I missed though was the conversation that takes place when the girls run together. I can truly say that we are masters of the running conversation. We have talked, laughed (alot), cried (alot), and basically covered every subject possible while we are running. There are times when I can't talk and just enjoy listening to my friends talk, it really keeps me going. Other times, I can't wait to get to my run to tell a story or share something that happened to me at home or at work, or get their opinion on a problem that is bothering me. I hope you are all having a great time with your families during this holiday, but hurry back, I miss our conversation.

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

At least you got to run with someone (sort of). I had to try to squeeze 3.5 miles out of a bunch of muddy soccer fields and baseball diamonds while dodging a bunch of crazy soccer parents all by myself. I wished I had ran the next day instead when we were at UCSD. Wow, I don't know if your son knows about the trails there, but next to the fields was an awesome cross country trail through the trees. It was well maked with 6K and 10K markers, all on dirt and rolling hills. It's off of N. Torrey Pines and North Point Rd. I wouldn't advise it alone, but it looked like a great place to run.