Monday, November 3, 2008

Welcome


Welcome to our blog. My friends and I run several times a week and discuss all sorts of things from running to raising a family. Not too long ago we talked about starting a blog to chronicle our ups and downs and some of the challenges we face as running moms. My friends and I started running later in life after we had kids mainly because our kids ran. It was a way for us to connect with our kids and have something in common with them. It certainly made us appreciate how hard they worked. Now as our children grow older and no longer need us to run along side them, we now run for ourselves and for the camaraderie we share with each other.

4 comments:

marathon mom said...

Okay P and C, I finally started a blog for us. I'm not sure where this site will go, but let's keep it fun. We'll have to talk about how we want to manage this site on our next run. I hope you like the acronym (MORE). I thought it was more positive than ARMS OR MAPS. Okay, so don't make me the only person posting on this site. BTW, great job on the 1/2 marathon! L.A. Marathon here we come?

marathon mom said...

I'm not sure how the rest of you feel, but my quads are still really hurting. I tried to run across a parking lot and it was more like hobbling. I hope I feel better for tomorrow's run.

Patty said...

It is a day after an easy 2 mile run and I am still sore. My toes really hurt and the planned 5 miles for Sat. is not sounding good. I just want to say how much I appreciate both of you and your support this week. We are Moms first and the running really helps with the Mom part. You got me through a tough one, Thanks. P

cm said...

I am really challenged in the blog area, but I will kep trying.C