Saturday, November 15, 2008

Persistence

I really didn't want to get up this morning and run. I heard the winds howling all night and I knew that they would be there to meet us during our early morning run to push us back. There is no doubt I would have stayed home and slept a few more hours, but I knew someone was waiting for me. It is that knowledge that helps motivate me and get me going when I really don't feel like it. So even when one of us is having an off day, maybe not running as fast as we would like to, I'm grateful that someone is waiting for me and holding me accountable.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Wow, I really feel like a slacker! I really wish I was out there with you and C today. I have had that same headache all day, and really feel foggy. I hope by Monday I can get back to it. I am hoping these fires are under control very soon.