Monday, November 24, 2008

Night Run

We ran in the dark tonight along the hilly paseos of north Valencia. Our pace was slower than what we're usually used to, but like I said it was a hilly 4.15 miles. I think what we're realizing is that we have actually gotten much stronger and the hills are not as bothersome as they once used to be. As we lose our daylight, it also becomes more challenging to find places to safely run. I was extremely happy to get my favorite light clip working again. Thank god for small miracles. As we run, I am very much aware of my surroundings. I think it's from years of running with the youth running clubs that have made me somewhat paranoid, which is a good thing when running at night. All in all it was a good run. I think we're ready for the Beast!

1 comment:

Patty said...

I really enjoyed the night run, and didn't mind the hills as much as I know I have in the past. That really feels good, however I am not sure if I can say with confidence that I am ready for the Beast. See you on Wed. at Peete's if it doesn't rain.