Monday, March 1, 2010

Quick Run, Quick Post

I promised Marathon Mom, that I would post about our run this afternoon. I have to make it quick because I still have Algebra homework to write out for #5 son who has yet another broken arm. We met this afternoon at Cheesepark for a short run, more to sweat off the stress of the day than anything. We headed toward Copperhill and hit the Heritage Trail. It seemed like I couldn't catch my breath tonight, even on the downhill, and my legs were really feeling the 5 miles we ran yesterday. My legs have just felt leaden lately, and I think the 5 pounds I have gained have all settled there, (if my pants weren't so tight around the middle, I would believe it). We managed to get in 3.25 miles at just under 10 min pace. We did run the hill at the end, which always slows our pace quite a bit, but I have to say, that it will not be a run that will stick in my mind. I am glad it is over, and I hope that Wed. finds us well rested, less stressed, and ready to really stretch out our legs. Maybe C will be able to join us!

1 comment:

marathon mom said...

You always said you wanted to "freshen up" on your math so now you have the perfect opportunity. I didn't feel too bad on today's run considering I had 4 hours sleep the night before stressing out about all sorts of things. I was actually expecting to feel really bad, so I guess anything short of that is considered a good run. What's funny is that you were in the same boat last night so we should have just gotten together and ran then, that way you could have started on the algebra homework earlier!