Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's A Beautiful Day!

I was thinking about the U2 song as we were running this morning, because it was just that "beautiful". C and I started from Peet's at 8am this morning and headed toward Lowe's. Marathon Mom is out of town, and in our thoughts as she has a tough day ahead of her! We knew that we wanted to get in a longer run, but the way we had felt this past week, our expectations were very low. We crossed Bouquet and started toward the new housing that runs along the new houses on Newhall Ranch. We made it to the big water pipe, and had to guess how far we had gone, because my GPS ran out of power, just after the 2 mile mark. We both felt like it was over 4 miles to the pipe, so we will say we ran 8 total (probably a bit more). We also felt like we kept a pretty good pace, and when I looked back to see how we had done on the first 2 miles, we figure we may have averaged about 9.4 pace. Like I mentioned before, considering how my legs have been feeling on the shorter runs, I am more than happy with that pace. The hardest part of the run was when we stopped at Starbucks to use the bathroom, and saw all the runners who were done and having coffee. We still had the last 2 miles back to Peet's to finish. We agreed though that it is much easier to run those miles from Lowe's to Peet's and not the other way around, because it is a nice downhill most of the way! We even set our sights on another runner who was quite a ways ahead of us, and made up our minds to catch and pass her in the last half mile. It wasn't too hard since she was running pretty slow, but it kept us on pace at the very end which is always a good thing. We must have looked pretty good, because a man on a bike looked at us quite intently, and I thought he was going to turn around and join us. C thought it was my green shirt, but I am old enough to know it is the blonde hair! It was a Beautiful Day, but we missed our friend, and hope her day goes well!

No comments: