Friday, March 26, 2010

Ice Ice Baby

Today is my day off, and a nice chance for me to run with my husband. Unfortunately since we are both getting older, we have to fight with eachother for the ice packs after the run. I have had a sore right hip for a few weeks now, and it hurt during our entire run today. I am also worried about my achy right shin. I have never had shin splints, and don't want to get them now. I am starting to think that I am leaning to one side, since I am sore on my right side only. The husband is a few years older, and abused his body much more in the younger years, so he has a regular date with the ice pack, after every run. I think I am going to have to invest in a couple more, or maybe an ice blanket!

We ran at Central Park this morning and the weather was just perfect, cool and breezy, but not at all windy. I managed to stay close enough behind the husband to keep me running a decent 9.3 pace, so not bad. It feels good to have my run and my grocery shopping done for the day, I do feel bad for my friends that are stuck at work, but I won't be on payday!


1 comment:

marathon mom said...

Not fair! I hope you are better by Sunday. My back is still sore too.