Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hot Mamas

Yesterday we were really hot mamas, but not in the way one would normally think.  Me, Patty, Sea-N-Sun, and C ran from Bridgeport to the train bridge, crossing the bridge to Peet's and back onto the Lowes trail and we were really hot, literally!  With the new day light savings time and the spike in the daily temps, we were all feeling the effects of the heat.  What made matters worse was the fact that we didn't bring water (still can't bring ourselves to wearing those belts again).  We stopped in Pavillions for some cold water before finishing the rest of our run.  I was happy with our pace of 9.1 overall.  We did 1/2 mile intervals of quicker paces around 8min/mi with rests of about a mile in between.  Our overall pace was probably quicker since I didn't shut off my GPS when we stopped at the lights.  As it turns out, my husband saw us running across McBean and asked why we crossed busy McBean Pkwy when we could have gone on the bridge.  Quite simply, we couldn't be bothered to run that extra 2/10th of a mile.  Our next run is again from Bridgeport, but we're going to be hitting the HELLmers hills again.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Seems like the first few times you run in the heat, it is soooooooo hard, at least for me. I KNOW for a fact I wasn't running 9.1 or anywhere close to 8.0 pace. It felt like my legs were barely moving. When we finally hit the trail at Mc Bean to take us back to Bridgeport, I was truly done, C told me I could keep going, but it was torture! Not looking forward to hills or running to be honest, but I will be there.