Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Motivation

I couldn't decide whether to give today's blog the title "Blown Away" or "Motivation".  "Blown Away" would have certainly described our run today from Bridgeport into the hills behind Helmers Elementary.  Patty couldn't join us due to "mom" duties she needed to tend to, so it was just C, Sea-N-Sun, and me. We thought we would be somewhat protected from the wind by running in the paseos amongst the trees rather than hitting the bike trail toward the train bridge, but the wind was so strong that it didn't matter where we ran.  It was rather torturous, especially trying to run uphill into the gusts of wind.  It also didn't help since we have all been suffering from a lack of motivation lately.  I chose "Motivation" because I really feel like it is a threat to my running lately.  Not sure what it is, but Patty and I were talking about how little motivation we've been feeling towards running lately.  Maybe it's that time of the year when the weather plays a factor, but I think it might have to do with the fact that we are still not seeing any benefit to running as far as our pant size!  I do think the weather is part of it though.  When I see winds howling like today or when it's gray and dreary out like it has been a lot lately, I find it hard to get myself dressed and out the door.  I just feel like sitting at home on the couch where it's warm.  I think my age is starting to show.  Pretty soon I'm going to take up knitting again.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I would like to say I am "sorry" I missed the run today, but as I was driving and the car was rocking from the wind, I was secretly glad to have other obligations. I do feel bad that I didn't get my exercise today, or get to talk to my friends, but I am not "motivated" to run against the wind, and I don't know if I ever will be. I am hoping to be very fresh for our next run, I just have to be!