Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring

Spring is officially here and that might explain why after running 7 miles today with Patty, I still had enough energy to finish my gardening project. Patty and I met for our long run today at Peet's and decided to run to the end of South Fork and back since we hadn't been in that direction for some time now.  It was such a nice day and I'm glad I didn't wear the long sleeve.  I think we were both feeling pretty good today and could have gone 10 miles, but I'm glad we didn't because my knee started to act up right around the 5 mile mark.  Afterwards we sat outside at Peet's for coffee and scone and then went shopping at Homegoods.  What a great way to start the day.  I found so many great things for the garden at Homegoods that I decided to finish my gardening project and install drip irrigation in my yard.  I found a pair of garden Crocs and wasted no time using them today.  Patty was shopping for picture frames.  Today was a very productive day.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I love this time of the year, and it does seem like the running is getting more enjoyable. I felt like I could have gone farther today, which is a huge difference from just a couple of weeks ago. I truly wish I had a green thumb and that I had gotten some gardening done this weekend, but I spent my time going through my kids schoolwork, since I have a couple of graduations coming up (aah, memories) What happened to those adorable little boys who drew picture after picture of Mommy and them holding hands? I hope the weather lets us get a good week of running in.