Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Mud Run

We (me, Patty, C) have always talked about doing the Mud Run. Well today, we sort of had our own version of the mud run.  We started from Peet's and ran toward the train bridge, which they have been doing a lot of work around.  When we got there it was really muddy from the recent rains.  Needless to say, none of us have nice, new shoes anymore.  It turned out to be a really nice, warm day- a complete opposite from yesterday.  My friends were more than willing to keep the run shorter (less than our usual long runs on the weekend) because I wasn't sure if my knee would act up.  Sure enough, it started to kick in during the last mile, starting with pain in the hips.  I'm really glad we didn't attempt to go further today.  I'm also glad we got the run in today and didn't attempt to run yesterday.  I feel bad for C's daughter who had a track meet in the storm.  I cannot even imagine having to run in that type of downpour.  I hope we have a better week coming up.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I forgot about the muddy shoes and walked into the kitchen, tracking bits of mud. I am also glad that we didn't run more than 5 miles today, I felt like I was lagging behind most of the day, and was really glad when we were done. I am hoping that this next week will be better as far as the running goes. It is hard to believe it was pouring this time yesterday, we need to enjoy it while we can.

Picture Lady said...

Hey... Kelly(oldest daughter) and I were over by the "muddy " train bridge also Sunday!!! We were on bikes, my hip problems force me to alternate exercise options. Our bikes got quite muddy over there. It was a beautiful day though; we road all over SCV. What are they doing at the train bridge? It used to be one of my favorite places to go...

Picture Lady said...

Hey we even saw one of C's daughters out running also!!I'm sure I waved and yelled hello:-)
Time flies.