Monday, March 8, 2010

Double Whammy

It's bad enough when Sea-N-Sun runs with us and pushes the pace, but when C's daughter joins us too, then all hope is lost for the rest of us.  I think tonight we got our high intensity cardio workout.  We ran from Cheese Park to Copperhill down to Decoro and back up to the dirt trail to the park, our usual quick 3 mile run, except there was nothing usual about our pace today.  I noticed as I was trying to keep up with C's daughter heading down to Decoro, we were running an 8 min/mile pace.  No wonder I couldn't breathe.  Then on the way back thank goodness her inserts were bugging her because she finally stopped to fix them.  You would think that would give us a chance to catch our breath, but noooo.  Then Sea-N-Sun decides to keep up the pace on the way up the dirt trail back to the park.  Can't a girl get any rest here?  Oh well, I guess it was good for us and it seemed like we were all in a hurry to get the run over with.  The clouds were threatening rain and none of us wanted to get stuck in it.  All in all, we averaged a 9.2 pace, which doesn't sound so fast, but considering the uphill on the way back, we'll take it. 

2 comments:

Patty said...

I really noticed the pace today, and since I was in a hurry, I should have been glad for it. I think the 9.2 average is pretty great considering how slow I ran on the hills, I will take it. It was nice to have a bigger group today, so we could catch up, and play catch up. I had a nice evening with my son, and regret any complaints I may have had about it. Thanks for posting!

Claire said...

Awesome run! Don't worry, when I (finally) run with you ladies, I won't be pushing the pace like that!