Monday, March 22, 2010

Aches and Pains

I met Patty, Sea-N-Sun, C and her two twin daughters for a run today at Bridgeport.  I thought it would be a fairly easy run since Patty and C ran 8 miles this weekend without me and they would be too sore to push the pace.  Well, I wasn't counting on our speedy Sea-N-Sun or C's daughters joining us.  Ughh, there's just no rest.  Not sure which is worse, running into the sun or into the wind, but it really doesn't matter because we did both.  At one point we were protected from the wind and it got so hot and muggy.  That one hour time change has really made a difference in the heat.  While we were running, we were all complaining about our various aches and pains.  We really do sound like a bunch of old ladies. The topic ranged from bunions, muscle cramps, arthritis, hip pain, to shin splints.  I'm sure if we all keep running, we will eventually suffer from all the above.  I think I was dehydrated and didn't drink enough all day.  I was in a rush this morning and didn't bring my usual bottle of water.  I need to plan better on these running days. 

2 comments:

Patty said...

It is a whole different run when we add the speedy younger ones. I felt like we were running really fast, and I was struggling to talk, but somehow I managed. I liked that we didn't make as many stops, but the heat is going to be a factor soon, and we are going to have to start wearing the water belts again, I'm sure.

marathon mom said...

NOOOOO!!!! Not the water belts again.